Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Now There's a Wonk . . .

An acquaintance who’s been reading the “Cirque” asked me over the weekend if I was a political wonk. "I’m just writing about liberal goings-on with a humorous angle", I said. I hadn't heard the word in some time, so I checked out how "wonk" was being used by today's writers. A recent article by Carol Marin about my State Representative, Julie Hamos, brought me up to speed:


"Hamos is a 56-year-old attorney, a quintessential lakefront liberal and public policy wonk . . ."

Chicago Sun-Times
June 1, 2005
It's meant to be a compliment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I randomly found this through CapFax and it is your blog. Classic. Any thoughts on Trent Meacham leaving the UD program for U of I? Set BG back 2 years.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you still hot?

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com